Placer County Family Law Resources
First and foremost, the most valuable family law resource is the Placer County Self-Help Center. As of 2021, they are conducting appointments by phone or video. In addition to procedural guidance and assistance with completing family law forms, they also conduct a Domestic Violence Restraining Order Workshop. Visit the Placer County Self-Help Center to learn more and access self-help packets.
Self-Help, Counseling, & Support Services
- California Courts Divorce Self-Help – step-by-step instructions for getting a divorce in California. A great resource if you are seeking an uncontested divorce.
- Placer County Lawyer Referral Services
- Families Change – Guide to Separation and Divorce
- Up to Parents – Videos and Articles on divorcing with co-parenting goals and in a manner consistent with the children’s best interests.
- KidsFirst Counseling and Family Resource Center – locations in Roseville and Auburn. Classes, counseling, and family support services.
- Affordable Counseling and Educational Services – Counseling and supervised visitation service.
- Placer Counseling Center – Counseling and supervised visitation service.
- StandUp Placer – a domestic violence support organization providing emergency shelter and support services.